INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that helps victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job title: SMSPS Agent
Duty Station: Chisinau
Start date: 06/27/2022
Duration of the contract: 31/12/2022
Attached to: Project Medical Referent
Supervision of: NA
Dependents: Duty station without family
General context of the project
Increase protection awareness among refugees fleeing Ukraine to find refuge in Moldova and the most vulnerable groups and provide access to community protection services provided by INTERSOS, including specialized PFAs and PSSs. It also aims to build the capacity of local community CBOs in protection-related topics.
General objective of the position
- Develop quality standards for MHPSS, including guidelines, SOPs, clinical and monitoring tools for MHPSS, and coordinate with missions to provide support for their implementations in the field.
- Is the focal point/technical resource for mental health activities and coordinates with the medical team working in the missions to provide the most appropriate support to patients in compliance with INTERSOS protocols.
- Provide technical support for the definition, planning, organization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of mental health activities, and coordinate evaluations of community mental health interventions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Define INTERSOS standard protocols and procedures for mental health and psychosocial support in order to provide the best support to beneficiaries
• Support capacity building of the INTERSOS team and other humanitarian workers in the provision of psychosocial support activities.
• Support the definition, planning, organization and updating of the INTERSOS strategy and MHPSS activities and its budget in light of the MHPSS integration in the health and protection program in collaboration with the medical coordinator and the protection officer.
• Ensure that mental health (MH) and PSS interventions of the INTERSOS program adhere to protocols and procedures and meet high quality standards
• Review and clear technical materials, tools, guidelines and documents, and overview implementation
• Overview and ensuring that the mission’s MPHSS activities are carried out in order to provide the most appropriate treatment to patients with psychosocial problems who need MHPSS
• Facilitate the identification of existing mental health and psychosocial support services, including other INGOs, local NGOs, community groups and government health services, etc., as well as any advocacy issues. Ensure INTERSOS compliance with the latest MHPSS updates and represent the organization in relevant national forums.
• Supervise the good and regular communication and collaboration with the other departments of the mission according to the objectives and the context
Profile and experience sought
- Degree/Masters in Psychology or Psychotherapy (or MD with extensive experience in Psychiatry)
Minimum of 3 years of experience managing mental health and psychosocial programs, preferably in low-resource/emergency settings (e.g. IASC, mhGAP, PM+ program implementation)
- Previous experience desirable in other non-governmental organizations in low-income countries
- Essential computer skills (word, excel and internet)
- Analytical and creative thinking
- initiative and innovation
- Leadership, management and people development
- Romanian/Russian/Ukrainian desirable
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioral flexibility
- Stress management
- Results and quality orientation
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
How to register
Interested candidates are invited to to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/629a155e34b939001e8c5e0e/
Please note that our application process consists of 3 quick steps: Register (including your name, email, password, nationality and Skype address), Register and to apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF Format. Thanks to the platform, candidates will be able to follow the history of their applications with INTERSOS. In case you come across strict difficulties in applying via the platform, you can send an e-mail attaching your CV and cover letter (both in PDF version) by e-mail to [email protected], with the subject: “Platform issue – SR-59-2589-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last employment. Family members should be excluded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the first interview.